Thursday, May 1, 2008

*UPDATE!*

I just remembered... Who is caught up on their bible reading? I AM! I'm still faithfully using the chart from TRC, & I am proud to say that I am starting II Coronicles. I think I may even be ahead by a week or two, which is even better! Reading the Bible is so much fun. But I have a confession to make... I'm reading the Message...only because I've never actually gotten through the whole Bible, so instead of trying to figure my way through the 'thous' & 'arts', I just read the Message version. This is only for THIS YEAR. Then next year when I read the KJV, I'll understand it better. & I know that the Message probably isn't dead-on track in some places, but other then that, it helps a lot. I'm excited that I am finally making the committment to READ MY BIBLE this year. I know it probably should have been done years ago, but hey, it's never too late to start :]

♥Ashley

Oh, & don't forget about my blog below ;]

2 comments:

James Wilder said...

Ashley,
The Message translation is a wonderful way to cause you to re-think the box we sometimes put scripture in. Saying the same thing a different way is one of the keys of great public speaking.

I also enjoy, for leisure, the NKJV and NIV versions.

For a yearly Bible Reading program, I think that's a great idea though. I bet you've had some eye-openers since you've been reading too, huh!

Sammy said...

Hey there Ashley :)
Way to go that's Awesome I am not currently on track though I am trying my best to get on!!
How have you and your family been...? I miss you all so much it seems so sad without you all here!
Love Ya,
Sammy :)